NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NY SPURS Itinerary 7/29 to 7/31

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYSpurs-Board Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NY SPURS Itinerary 7/29 to 7/31
    Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 1:19pm
Hi all, here are the details on events in NYC when THFC is in NY.

Sunday Night, July 29
Location: O'Casey's, 22 E 41st Street (near Grand Central Station) http://www.ocaseysnyc.com/
Time: 7:00PM
What: Casual meet up for all visiting and local Spurs fans. Possible viewing of the '61 FA Cup final. Beer. Food.

Monday Morning, July 30
Time: 10:00AM
What: Public Tottenham Hotspur training. This event is being arranged by THFC. They have indicated the training is free and open to the public. We have no details on the logistics of this event at this time.

Monday Evening, July 30
Location: Perdition (692 10th Avenue) http://perditionnyc.com
What: Official NY SPURS Supporters event co-sponsored by THFC and Under Armour. Special guests expected from Tottenham Hotspur FC.
The exact identities of our special guest(s) are still TBD as is their exact time of arrival. Please know we do not expect any current players to be joining us the evening before the game. Right now we are not requiring any RSVPs or sign up for this event but we do expect it to be packed. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Tuesday, July 31 (pre-game)
Location: PJ Clarke's on the Hudson (4 World Financial Center)
Time: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Pre-Game Drinks and then we head to Red Bull Arena via PATH Train. http://tinyurl.com/8x2fjwl
Make the trip easier by having $4 cash ready to buy a 2 way ticket upon entry to the PATH train at WTC.

Tuesday, July 31
What: Spurs vs NY Red Bulls. Cheering Spurs. Heckling a certain cheating c***. Singing for Teemu Taino. COYS.

Tuesday, July 31 (post-game)
Time: After game
What: For those still standing, post game drinks at Dakota Roadhouse. This is a large no frills bar made useful by being 2 blocks from the PATH train station at WTC.

COYS Everyone!
Please be sure to like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NYSpurs

- Adam Sachs
NYSpurs Chairman 2012/13
STLSpurs View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STLSpurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 3:30am
no current players? Does that mean Ledley's coming?
winning percentage!
imasachs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imasachs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 7:28am
Probably not. He'd drink all the booze.
spursman18 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spursman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 4:30pm
^^^
hahaha.....hoping for Mabbutt! maybe Freund will take a night off from talking tactics with AVB and come down for a few pints.
TDoggNYC View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDoggNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2012 at 2:50pm
New to the site (applying for membership) and pumped up for Spurs game. Hoping to have a nice, long pregame. Does anyone plan on showing up earlier than the time indicated for PJ Clarke's?
New Guy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Social Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2012 at 3:11pm
Does anyone know if the PATH at Red Bull Arena still has just two turnstiles? Getting home after the match last time was impossible. Will look into other arrangements if it hasn't improved.
BrooklynYid View Drop Down
'61 Double Winning Legend
'61 Double Winning Legend
The Real Brooklyn Yid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooklynYid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 4:15am
Originally posted by TDoggNYC TDoggNYC wrote:

New to the site (applying for membership) and pumped up for Spurs game. Hoping to have a nice, long pregame. Does anyone plan on showing up earlier than the time indicated for PJ Clarke's?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll be there very early.
Grind and hustle with mind and muscle!!!
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 5:36am
Originally posted by BrooklynYid BrooklynYid wrote:

Ditto. Lunch time for me
@irishdavenyspur

"You're not going to get an egg sandwich"
Yido View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 10:02am
Do we know if Modric made the plane??
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Yido Yido wrote:

Do we know if Modric made the plane??

He didn't fly to LAX anyway
@irishdavenyspur

TDoggNYC View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDoggNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by IrishDave IrishDave wrote:

Originally posted by BrooklynYid BrooklynYid wrote:

Ditto. Lunch time for me

Nice and Nice!

I've taken the day off of work and can't wait to see Spurs. I'm a Red Bulls season ticket holder and was very excited when this match was announced as part of our season ticket plan. Can't wait to meet everyone.
SFisagenius View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFisagenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 5:28am
Do you have any idea how many spurs are coming over from England? The liberty cockerel has gone down a storm in London, plenty of orders from those who can't make it. Maybe even have to get one for Terry!
Arbeit David, Arbeit.
I am working Steffun now please stop shouting that! Shit football, good times
Lander View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 7:05am
Originally posted by New Guy New Guy wrote:

Does anyone know if the PATH at Red Bull Arena still has just two turnstiles? Getting home after the match last time was impossible. Will look into other arrangements if it hasn't improved.

they have more turnstiles, but it's still an epic bottleneck just to get up on to the platform. i was out there last week and it was slow going.
the only reason you're alive is because it's illegal to kill you.
imasachs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imasachs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 10:42am
Yeah, they've made some slight improvements. it's still slow but it's not unbearable. Traffic is a nightmare leaving the arena too though so I'm not sure there's a way around it. The PATH is still your best bet.
Gazza Yid View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Yid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by SFisagenius SFisagenius wrote:

Do you have any idea how many spurs are coming over from England? The liberty cockerel has gone down a storm in London, plenty of orders from those who can't make it. Maybe even have to get one for Terry!

Fly in sunday night, met terry very briefly in Milan and Madrid during champions league trips from stanstead, shame he got to work. Will try and catch up......my flag reads "Can't Smile Without You" "COYS"

All over them flags like a rash !!
"Can't Smile Without You"
BROOKLYNSPUR View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKLYNSPUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 11:59am
Will THFC let us know when they are arriving at the airport/train or bus depot.  That seems like a great time singing and chanting as they walk off the plane.
"the shirt was always something to be enjoyed by all members"---ME
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spursman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by BROOKLYNSPUR BROOKLYNSPUR wrote:

Will THFC let us know when they are arriving at the airport/train or bus depot.  That seems like a great time singing and chanting as they walk off the plane.

I doubt it but the LA fans used flight tracker to get to the airport to see the lads at LAX.

I'd imagine they'd fly into JFK some time Sunday afternoon, from BWI (most likely).
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 3:18pm
Tottenham confirmed to LASpurs what plane they were on
@irishdavenyspur

Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spursman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 3:30pm
Thats surprising....could we arrange to do that for their arrival into NY?
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 4:31pm
I can ask some of the guys at the event tomorrow
@irishdavenyspur

Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spursman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 4:32pm
Thanks for your efforts, it would be awesome if we could arrange something like that.
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 4:32pm
You could probably just tweet Benny and ask him
@irishdavenyspur

TDoggNYC View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDoggNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 4:17am
I can see his response now ...

'Plane iz ful of Spurs. Headin 2 NYC. LOL' - BAE
imasachs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imasachs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 4:31am
I think Spurs may have asked LA to meet them at the airport and not NY for a reason. LAX and JFK are really two different animals.

I may be guessing but I'm not sure how well our lot would go over at JFK.
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 4:51am
Originally posted by imasachs imasachs wrote:

I think Spurs may have asked LA to meet them at the airport and not NY for a reason. LAX and JFK are really two different animals.

I may be guessing but I'm not sure how well our lot would go over at JFK.

They day drank at the airport singing all day, I'm not sure how well that would go down in JFK but if I remember I'll ask... Airport thing is a bit too groupy for my liking though
@irishdavenyspur

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 5:31am
airport welcomes are for championship teams getting back from a title-winning game away from home, not teams that let third place slip out of their hands and are on a boondoggle in another country to market the brand
imasachs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imasachs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 5:45am
You hear that THFC. You don't deserve to be hassled for pictures and photos from annoying fans when you are tired and exhausted after a 6 hour flight. Now think about what you did.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 6:27am
oh no they deserve hassle, just not in a way that's a hassle for us, too. like they should have to each drive a bus for fans to and from the exhibition matches. I call back of the bennylol bus.
SFisagenius View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFisagenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 6:27am
Nice one, would that be the same CSWY flag as seen all over the Internet hanging over the top tier? Can't wait now to get over now. YOT!
Arbeit David, Arbeit.
I am working Steffun now please stop shouting that! Shit football, good times
spursfan917 View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spursfan917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2012 at 7:25am
Originally posted by imasachs imasachs wrote:

You hear that THFC. You don't deserve to be hassled for pictures and photos from annoying fans when you are tired and exhausted after a 6 hour flight. Now think about what you did.

Woulda been 9+ from Londontown.

I was wondering if there was any information about this. Would like to go see them at GC! I'm not sure if it's public.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic