NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spurs vs Swansea Sat. 16 Sept. 12.30pm @ Flannerys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs vs Swansea Sat. 16 Sept. 12.30pm @ Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs vs Swansea Sat. 16 Sept. 12.30pm @ Flannerys
    Posted: Sep 15 2017 at 11:14am
Harry on a roll, Dele back, Victor still out. Join us at Flannery's as we pluck the Swans at Wembley.
Come on the yids!
PaSpurs View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaSpurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 5:45pm
Had to work, couldn't watch.
Thought we'd bully Swans.
What happened?
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 7:31pm
Dominated without bullying. 75/25 possession, 26 shots with 8 on target to their 0 shots on target. Three center backs was probably overkill. Hit the bar and fizzed a couple just past the post but only one real good save from Fabianski. They parked the bus and we were disapointingly impotent.
LosAngelesYiddo View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LosAngelesYiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by PaSpurs PaSpurs wrote:

Had to work, couldn't watch.
Thought we'd bully Swans.
What happened?

sissoko started (d.o.a., collectively). dier quite poor, expected much more from him with a chance to cement a spot in central midfield. 

still lacking creativity in the middle of the pitch, what does dier offer as a midfielder v. a team that parks it? i'd have preferred winks. 
"an echo of glory" -bill nicholson "an echo of optimism" -daniel levy
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 9:35pm
Conversation is a lot different if a penalty is given for the flagrantly intentional handball. But it shouldn't have come to that. It reminded me a little of the first 87 minutes of our match away to Swansea last season. Too wasteful. Maybe a bit of a hangover from Dortmund, as well. I didn't think I'd find myself saying this, but it really hurt not being able to start Davies, and I wasn't a fan of switching Trippier to the left, where the most dangerous part of his game seemed neutralized. ("Kieran Trippier, he plays on the right"...?) And I thought taking Son off, instead of Dier, Sanchez, or even Dele, was a head scratcher.

Wondering what we do for FB/WB on Tuesday...Davies/KWP or KWP on left? Llorente with a start up top, I hope.

Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2017 at 9:01am
Mike Dean is an officious little twat!!    Had to get that off my chest.

samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2017 at 11:19am
So many little things didn't go right on Sunday, but at the end of the day teams know how to place us at Wembley - cede possession and defend with discipline. Bar the better teams who will come to play, no matter what personnel or formation we play, we should expect a tougher time breaking down defenses and winning at home this year - a price we must pay to make the biggest move in club history in a long time.

Top 4 will be very diff this year with the home disadvantage. we really do need to focus on winning one of the bigger cups if we stand any chance of retaining this squad next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic