NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spurs vs Rochdale 2.45pm Wed Feb 28th @Flannerys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs vs Rochdale 2.45pm Wed Feb 28th @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs vs Rochdale 2.45pm Wed Feb 28th @Flannerys
    Posted: Feb 17 2018 at 8:49pm
Round of sixteen action vs bottom of the League One table Rochdale, who have relayed new turf on their much maligned pitch. Spurs have the luxury of eight days until their next match so just about anyone can play. A favorable draw in the next round awaits if Spurs can manage to do well. See you all at Flannery's.
LosAngelesYiddo View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LosAngelesYiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 5:38pm
replay not of much consequence. we've got the squad to rotate and handle with ease.

well, writing is on the wall with toby. two serious injuries back to back, going on 30, out of contract so to speak. he's a goner. was f'n brilliant when he was fit but i can see why levy is ready to move on. we'll fetch 150m for toby and rose alone in the summer. staggering. 

next up. onwards and upwards lads. 
"an echo of glory" -bill nicholson "an echo of optimism" -daniel levy
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 7:14pm
error aside, toby looked out of sorts. that was poor overall though, no excuses, second string clearly not up to snuff today. really disappointing, that is an extra game we do not need.
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 7:38pm
On the positive side, Moura looks like he could be a player for us! gotta cut out the unnecessary touches though.
LosAngelesYiddo View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LosAngelesYiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by samd samd wrote:

error aside, toby looked out of sorts. that was poor overall though, no excuses, second string clearly not up to snuff today. really disappointing, that is an extra game we do not need.

we have virtually a complete second squad to roll out again, it won't be much of a bother. well, sissoko withstanding. 

"an echo of glory" -bill nicholson "an echo of optimism" -daniel levy
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 6:59am
As Sissoko's sole supporter I was thinking this has been the progression in his play since joining:

1. First 8-10 appearances: Not sure about his role, confused with low confidence, laying off the ball at every opportunity.
2. 10 plus matches: Starting to understand his role, runs about a lot, gets the ball stuck under his feet (difficult to see from such a great height!).
3. From the away match with RM on he has been a much more effective contributor (note his assist fYesterday for Moura's goal).  As a box to box midfielder he works hard in defense and build up play, he's getting better at retaining possession and his passing is improving.  He's better than many, but still not worth the 30 million we paid.

Foyth is fun to watch - quite a footballer.   Moura amazed me with his winning of arial battles - he gets up there for a not very tall player.  He seems to be a ball winner too.  Good second appearance overall.
jet4444 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet4444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 9:13am
Originally posted by LosAngelesYiddo LosAngelesYiddo wrote:

replay not of much consequence. we've got the squad to rotate and handle with ease.

well, writing is on the wall with toby. two serious injuries back to back, going on 30, out of contract so to speak. he's a goner. was f'n brilliant when he was fit but i can see why levy is ready to move on. we'll fetch 150m for toby and rose alone in the summer. staggering. 

next up. onwards and upwards lads. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  BTW, LA Yiddo, I was out in La, La Land during Christmas/New Years and got in with the LA Spurs for the Burnley match.  It was a great deal of fun.  Met a wild, but lovable bloke Graeme Rudge.  A great time on top of a great away result.  Up the Spurs!

JET
Frank...is a very sick and dangerous man.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 4:50pm
City is out. Walker with a blunder that led to the winning goal.
Jenks View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 5:10pm
I think it was a perfect result. Our fringe players need more competitive games. I felt that it would be a difficult game and that's why I put a few quid on Rochdale @ 22/1 as a bit of something if the unthinkable happened.
Spurs and Jets for 30+ years has really taken its toll!   
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 8:07am
A fifth round FA Cup replay on tap at Flannerys this afternoon. Jan and Toby are not expected to be available. Enjoy the match with NYC's finest supporters club.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 5:19pm
A match like that is all about progressing and staying healthy. But things we can't see away to Swansea:

1. A Dier-Foyth partnership.

2. Winks; regrettably, the comparisons to post-injury Mason are looking apt right now.

3. Trippier getting run by like that.

4. Any more of those cross-field, easily intercepted passes we kept making.

5. And although he'll likely play, Vorm doesn't fill me with confidence right now.

Moura, however, looks like the real thing.

samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 5:30pm
Though hard to judge much by today's game given the conditions, very annoying to watch Lamela constantly trying to over engineer and lose the ball, Son and Alli ditto to a lesser extent and Sissoko, oh lord, the man is stealing a living as a Premiership footballer.
jet4444 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet4444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by samd samd wrote:

Though hard to judge much by today's game given the conditions, very annoying to watch Lamela constantly trying to over engineer and lose the ball, Son and Alli ditto to a lesser extent and Sissoko, oh lord, the man is stealing a living as a Premiership footballer.

I disagree.  I thought Sonny, Moura and Lamela showed incredible pace, really good movement on and off the ball and created a great deal of havoc in the midfield and final third.  Having said that, it was Rochdale.  Onward to Saturday with the return of the Premiership.  #TTID  #JET
Frank...is a very sick and dangerous man.
Jenks View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by rob_k rob_k wrote:

A match like that is all about progressing and staying healthy. But things we can't see away to Swansea:

1. A Dier-Foyth partnership.

2. Winks; regrettably, the comparisons to post-injury Mason are looking apt right now.

3. Trippier getting run by like that.

4. Any more of those cross-field, easily intercepted passes we kept making.

5. And although he'll likely play, Vorm doesn't fill me with confidence right now.

Moura, however, looks like the real thing.

I agree with all this but I don't think Vorm has done much wrong. Then again, Gazzaniga must be very poor in training to be overlooked since his heroics in the home game against Palace.
Spurs and Jets for 30+ years has really taken its toll!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic