Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs vs Madrid 3.45pm Wed Nov 1 @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs vs Madrid 3.45pm Wed Nov 1 @Flannerys
    Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 9:10am
Both sides have gone off the boil, but Harry will apparently play while Bale, Navas and Varane are out for the visitors. Both sides need league wins more than tournament points at the moment, so it's hard to tell if that will influence player selections with must win games coming up this weekend.
Join us for a late afternoon start at Flannery's with a good chance to be a complete mess by dinner time.
guinness77 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guinness77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 3:11pm
Following on my phone....how does the Toby injury look? Can't be good he's being subbed off.
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 3:34pm
popped a hamstring.   Several weeks I would guess.
guinness77 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guinness77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 3:53pm
Fuck. He's so damn important to this team.
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 4:41pm
A hamstring, a calf and a groin in exchange for a famous victory against Madrid. Glory comes at quite a cost, so live it up while it lasts. Cool
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 4:42pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GhostYid View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostYid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 4:42pm
Toby's injury didn't look too bad. 

Lloris still looked like he was hobbling at the end, might be his groin. 

Gotta love that we easily could have scored a few more. Hopefully this game was the shift for Dele and he'll go on a scoring and assist run the next few months. 

The game in Madrid, we perhaps got a little lucky but tonight we outplayed them.  Love Dembele! 
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2017 at 5:03pm
Big rebound for Eriksen. He was in Modric's pocket at the Bernabeu, totally reversed that tonight. Winks was fantastic as well.

They tried to stop us but look what it did. The thing we love most is beating Madrid...[repeat] [often]
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2017 at 6:14am
Another huge statement by this rapidly maturing squad.   Now if we can just stop dropping points to minnows .....   Last season we were consistent winners in EPL and struggling in Champions League.  Opposite this season.

Toby is a major cog, but at this stage of the squad's development it is less of a loss that it would have been last season.  The ease with which Diier dropped in when Sissoko came on speaks for itself.

I was bit disappointed with Dembele who could easily have been sent off after an over heated run and kicking over the ball at Ramos.  He was over playing - perhaps because he feels he has to reclaim his position after being out so long.

Everyone played well last night, but want to call out Trippier for repeatedly making the runs, being in the right place at the right time and executing exquisite crosses most of the time.  He also defended effectively.  Sanchez too took a leap forward in my book.  Flawless defensively and played some really good passes forward.  Kane and Ali signalling that England may be more of a danger in Moscow.  Paticularly with Sterling improving the way he is.

Icing that Dormund have faded this season.   A pat on my own back for suggesting we might win this group after the Bernabeu performance.

Still walking on air.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2017 at 11:02am
1. If you'd told me beginning of the season we'd be facing Real with Davies and Trippier and then Toby coming off with an injury...

2. There's a video meme of Eriksen shedding Modric for that goal accompanied by "My Heart Will Go On." Splendid.

3. I'd also love to see one of Casemiro's dive when he was man-handled by Harry Winks.

4. I don't think Trippier will ever be an elite defender...but his delivery into the box is world class.

5. Eriksen's decoy leading to the second goal.

6. Kane's perfectly weighted pass on the third.

7. I look forward to when Dembele is back above Sissoko on the Moussa pecking order.

8. Toby is a big loss; but PSY2 is right, not quite as dire as it would've been last season. (Hope he's back soon, though!)

9. But at least this time, Poch got Kane off the pitch when we were up 3 late...

10. Those looks on Ronaldo's face were priceless.

11. Holy crap, we just beat up Real Madrid!

nycavri View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycavri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2017 at 2:19pm
Of all the midweek games for me not to be able to come to Flanery's . . .

Censored
"Mabbutt, fed it well, Nayim to the left, Samways up ahead and Lineker uses him by not using him ..."
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2017 at 9:12pm
This pretty much captures how I felt when Eriksen scored.

https://streamable.com/djb4p
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic