NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spurs vs Dortmund Wed. 13 Sept. 2.45pm @Flannery's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs vs Dortmund Wed. 13 Sept. 2.45pm @Flannery's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs vs Dortmund Wed. 13 Sept. 2.45pm @Flannery's
    Posted: Sep 12 2017 at 11:49am
Spurs look to build on Saturday's victory and break the Wembley curse. Dele out through suspension and Wanyama out with a knee injury. Dortmund are top of the table with 7pts in three matches. Join Mush for an afternoon pint and receive a free doctor's note written on a bar napkin.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 5:38pm
Brilliant result. A glory night for all but the officiating.

Clinical in the first half. We're not used to yielding possession and playing on the counter, and we did it masterfully.

One of the commentators said in the first half we were content to sit back. No we weren't. Poch wasn't. We came out with greater urgency in the second and took it to them more. That was key, I think.

Our back line is world class, and Aurier looks VERY strong defensively. Fine job by Davies, whom I generally haven't rated vs. elite competition.

Eriksen was clever. Kane...taxi for... Dortmund's right side? Or an ambulance? And having Dele suspended might've actually helped us in this match, as we've not seen the best of him yet and Son gave them trouble. What a dart to start things off!

Media will talk about Auba's goal that should've counted, but they were offside on the lead-up to their first.

Was that a straight red given to Jan? Because that was not a straight red.

Jenks View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 5:46pm
It wasn't a straight red and it wasn't given as a straight red mate ( 2 yellows ). You're bang on with the rest though.
Spurs and Jets for 30+ years has really taken its toll!   
TottenhamUSA View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TottenhamUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 8:48pm
I wouldn't trade today's result for electricity!!!!!

COYS
..and our General's Burkinshaw!
jet4444 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet4444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by TottenhamUSA TottenhamUSA wrote:

I wouldn't trade today's result for electricity!!!!!

Absolutely...#TTID

JET

COYS
Frank...is a very sick and dangerous man.
taconicracer View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taconicracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2017 at 11:27am
Brilliant performance yesterday - we got lucky on the erroneous offside call but I thought we deserved to win. For once, we played the counter-attack game and it worked out well for us. Sick and tired of the games where we have 65% possession against Chealsky and end up losing 1-2. Dembele was weak but al other starters did a good job. Sissoko should have his body checked because I'm now convinced that there were some pinball machine parts installed by mistake. I have never seen a ball bounce off a professional player like that, regardless if it's his head, foot, knee or chest.   
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2017 at 11:37am
As a recent defender of Sissoko I have to publicly confess he did not do his case much good yesterday.

Still hoping it was an aberration due to confidence and coming on as a sub.  In his complete starts he has sometimes shown that there is a footballer in there somewhere!
taconicracer View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taconicracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2017 at 9:04am
I honestly want him to succeed but have my doubts - even vs Everton, his second half performance wasn't good. He's on the France national team and poch keeps giving him chances, so there must be something there and hopefully he can start showing it on a more consistent basis.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic