Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs vs Arse 7.30am Sat Feb 10th @ Flannery's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs vs Arse 7.30am Sat Feb 10th @ Flannery's
    Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 1:24pm
Finally a full squad in fine form fit to fight the fetid foe. Flannery's frequently opens an half hour before kickoff, as a few less than forty of us will foray to Wemberley for the match. You'll find yourselves in the fabulous hands of Mush and Denise for a few hours as Spurs flay the motherfecking spawn of Jimmy Saville, aka some fiend called Wenger, and his sinister minions. COYFS TTIFD FOYG BIOYFC
Fellmongers View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fellmongers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 2:00pm
Have a safe and happy journey, COYS!

Up the Spurs
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by seppoyiddo seppoyiddo wrote:

Finally a full squad in fine form fit to fight the fetid foe. Flannery's frequently opens an half hour before kickoff, as a few less than forty of us will foray to Wemberley for the match. You'll find yourselves in the fabulous hands of Mush and Denise for a few hours as Spurs flay the motherfecking spawn of Jimmy Saville, aka some fiend called Wenger, and his sinister minions. COYFS TTIFD FOYG BIOYFC

Have a great trip! Will you be the ones singing "Come on you Spurs!"??

What do people want to see in the XI? With Toby's return, we suddenly have at least 12 players who merit starting (and this assuming Wanyama and Lamela will start on the bench, hopefully next to Moura). If we go 3 in the back again, it probably comes down to either Dier and Son; if a back line of 4, it seems Sanchez would have to be the man out. Very tough choice this time around.

Noahspurs View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noahspurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 3:21pm
Have a brilliant time, lads!

Assuming Toby's up to snuff in training, I'd start him Saturday & Tuesday at Juve.
Sanchez has been pretty darn good (especially for one still so young), but that's how important I think Toby is to us.
COYS! COYNYSpurs!
"...and still Ricky Villa..."
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 9:40am
Phew! Should have been ecstatic, instead I am relieved. Never easy with Spurs. Lamela, Alli, Son really need to get their finishing sorted...and those last 10 mins wtf were we thinking inviting all this pressure? Its almost like we wanted them to equalize, just that the scum are worse finishers than us at the moment. Now watch Wenger and the pundits moan about Harry's push in the back of the goal despite getting thoroughly played off the park.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 10:37am
They gave Kane MOTM, but I'd have to given it to Dembele. He's looking like Modric with muscles. But if I could give it collectively to a position, I might have to give it to our fullbacks. Eriksen couldn't have delivered a pass better than Davies' assist of Kane. And Trippier was all energy, cutting through the right side like butter. Overall, our press made them look like a bottom-table team, almost laughably so at times. We were taking target practice in the second half and only complaint is we continue to lack clinical finishing and should've won 4-0.

Speaking of lacking finish, Lacazette's ball looks like it was spinning in and then got rerouted by the Wembley pitch. We've made it our home!

When we can bring on Lamela and Wanyama, and with Moura poised to make a contribution, this is a strong bench to close out matches.

Poch obviously didn't want to throw Toby back into 2 or 3 consecutive matches right away. Assuming he will play v. Juve. Poch seemed unnecessarily pissy when asked in the post-match about not naming him for the derby. I hope there isn't anything else going on behind the scenes. One can imagine Levy is using Sanchez's performances as leverage in contract talks, and I just hope we don't overplay that hand. Jan and Toby are far and away the best pair in the league and it's vital that we have all three going forward. Who in the world would have a better back 3 than that?

Oh, and North London is ours.

rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 8:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic