NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spurs @ Man United Sat, 28 Oct 7.30am @Flannerys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs @ Man United Sat, 28 Oct 7.30am @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs @ Man United Sat, 28 Oct 7.30am @Flannerys
    Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 11:23am
As feared, Harry will miss out at Old Trafford. Wanyama still out but just about everyone else available. Reds will be missing Pogba, Fellaini, Ibrahimovic and Carrick. Early doors so bring your breakfast into the pub. See you there.
Jenks View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 8:17pm
Reports over here suggest that Pogba will play.
Spurs and Jets for 30+ years has really taken its toll!   
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 9:25am
A fool once called this the Harry Kane team....wonder what he was thinking!?
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 9:37am
Yes Poch is better than what we have ever had but he is by no means a messiah and the love in has to be toned down till he actually achieves a trophy and beats the top teams consistently. We were toothless and out of ideas without our best player - end of. Yes we were mostly good defensively and one lack of judgement cost us the game but we never looked like scoring bar one Dele chance. The second half display dire again - not sure how that happens 2 games in a row.
kleptopaul View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleptopaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 12:03pm

Top 3 two consecutive seasons. We haven't had it this good since the mid 1980s. We were getting rogered 5 nil a few seasons ago against our top 6 competitors. A 1-nil loss at OT is not the end of the world. 
Ken: Purgatory... what's that?

Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 12:06pm
A tough result as I feel we deserved a point. I thought we showed a lot of toughness today and after the first 10 minutes grew into the match. They came at us more after halftime, but we stood strong on what looked to be difficult playing conditions at OT. I thought Jan was our man of the match - up until the point he failed to track Martial behind Dier, who got caught jogging there. A match like this shows the difference in transfer profiles. They can have someone on their bench to come in and split the defense, whereas we didn't add any attacking speed in August.

Decent match from Sissoko (aside from the chance he predictably squandered) but I'm always going to want Dembele starting a match like this. I thought Winks looked good, lots of energy. He's rising to the occasion on big stages.

With this match and now hearing Kane might not make RM either, I really hope Poch learns the lesson that it's foolish to play him for the entire match in a lopsided home win, esp. with big matches coming up. Llorente has yet to show we can depend upon him, and putting Son up top is not a successful formula. I think we win today 1- or 2-0 with Kane. Ideally, Son would be coming off the bench in a match like this, but it seems we rarely have that luxury.

samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 12:39pm
I wonder if we concede that goal had Sanchez been there instead of Dier. Any case this loss was down to deference. Our only chance without Kane was if Dele and Eriksen stepped up and that didn't happen today.
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 12:40pm
I meant NOT down to the defence.
Fellmongers View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fellmongers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2017 at 1:50pm
Sorry, Poch is not our best ever manager, Bill Nicholson, Arthur Rowe and Keith Burkinshaw were all better.
Poch however is a good manager, but he fails to see our lack of cover up front. We must get, and play a winger with pace. Our build up play is too slow and we fail to get enough bodies in the opponents penalty area. 

Up the Spurs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic