Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs @ Madrid Tues 2.45pm Oct 17 @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs @ Madrid Tues 2.45pm Oct 17 @Flannerys
    Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 2:55pm
Madrid similarly positioned on the La Liga and Group H tables will be missing Bale. Spurs missing Dele, Wanyama and Lamela, Ben Davies doubtful, but Dembele and Rose have traveled. Realistically, a single point would be most welcome. Come to Flannery's and sing us a song boys and girls.
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2017 at 6:34am
Huge test.  Anything possible.
shawnwithaw View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnwithaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2017 at 8:56am
I was in Madrid last week and I'm gonna be in Philadelphia for a wedding this afternoon. My timing could not be worse in life.

Took a cool pic in front of the Bernabeau tho.

#COYS #TTID
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2017 at 3:26pm
That's how it goes when you play a "bigger" club - blatant penalty on Llorente ignored. Foul on Kane ignored.
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2017 at 3:44pm
What a difference to the last time we played RM.  That game we were just hoping not be be whipped too badly.   We're in this game at half time.   Winks is doing great God bless him!
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2017 at 5:07pm
One of the most creditable results in a while...great defensive effort, lloris was immense, but so was their keeper, could even have sneaked a win. How well can they recover after this effort for Sumday?
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2017 at 6:41am
And Dortmund only managed a draw v Apoel.  When (not if) we beat Apoel at Wembley we're likely thru to the knock out round.   But on the strength of the 2 performances v Dortmund and RM I'm expecting even more glory - like winning the group.
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2017 at 7:45am
Impressive mid week turnout, probably 150 Yids in full voice. Fantastic buzz will carry me through to the weekend. COYNYS
taconicracer View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taconicracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2017 at 10:43pm
Buzzing about the result but even more importantly the team's cohesiveness... winks was fantastic and provides a great option. Sissoko... man, don't tell me that he's been great this season, because he hasn't. He was impressive as a sub against bornmouth and quite excellent against RM. anyways, if poch can turn help him become the upstanding footballer that he can be, he deserves coach of the year - unless Marco Silva manages to get WATFORD into the top 6.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2017 at 4:39pm
I thought the potential for that lineup to crash and burn was high, and I was still bracing myself for that at halftime. No Dembele or Wanyama is about as concerning as it can get against an elite club. But not only did we acquit ourselves well on the biggest possible (group) stage, we looked the more likely to win it in the end. Very proud of the club.

I'd love to see a Dos Equis commercial with a clip of Kane and Varane. "...When you're marking him, you put the ball in your own goal to spare yourself the shame of being scored upon."

Aurier looks like he's very much going to be a Walker-type player for us, with the latter's weakness having been his occasional positional mistake or ill-conceived pass vs. the former's weakness being a penchant for the rash challenge. No need for that one; Toby was on it. Maybe with time and the realization of what he has next to him on the back line, plus a little from Poch in his ear... Otherwise, he looked strong on the right and linked up with (gasp) Sissoko very nicely.

I've thought the sporadic praise for Sissoko so far this season had been overdone, in that he'd set such a low bar for himself, people were overly excited when he wasn't dreadful. But I thought this was his best match for us to date.

And I've been wearing my Hugo scarf with special pride this week. Jenks, let's show Lloris some love!

COYS
pandawill View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandawill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2017 at 3:23am
Spurs issue stark warning for rest of Europe with Madrid massacre.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic