Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Bale 40ft poster at times square

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gareth Bale 40ft poster at times square
    Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 10:53am
Unveiled tonight, we're going to be contacted later on the week for anyone that wants to go down when they are shooting some official videos for the Spurs site.

@irishdavenyspur

"You're not going to get an egg sandwich"
kleptopaul View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleptopaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:04am
Out of curiosity, whats the poster advertising? Spurs, Under Armour? Both?

Ken: Purgatory... what's that?

Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
Noahspurs View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noahspurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:10am
have not been excited for a billboard in times square since they re-created the smoking joe camel sign for a production of guys and dolls i saw at the national theatre.

keep us posted, dave.
"...and still Ricky Villa..."
luke View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 12:26pm
awesome! I might have to take a little trip to times square

NorfLondonNY View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorfLondonNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 3:03pm
when exactly is this happening. I'm not far from there
@NorfLondonNY on Twitter
jonbSpurs View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbSpurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 3:11pm
nice!
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 3:28pm
They weren't flush with specifics when they called. I'm sure it will be up for a while though. Their PR company will call later in the week regarding filming something for the website
@irishdavenyspur

BrooklynYid View Drop Down
'61 Double Winning Legend
'61 Double Winning Legend
The Real Brooklyn Yid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooklynYid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 6:10pm
Ill be unveiling a 40 foot erection in Times Square at the same time!
Grind and hustle with mind and muscle!!!
Traveller View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 8:45pm
so you'll need me there Brooklyn for the other 35' then?
#FreetheTottenhamFive
BROOKLYNSPUR View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKLYNSPUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by BrooklynYid BrooklynYid wrote:

Ill be unveiling a 40 foot erection in Times Square at the same time!

You work for the Anthony Weiner for mayor campaign?
"the shirt was always something to be enjoyed by all members"---ME
SuckMyBales View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuckMyBales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 1:26pm
Big NBC Sports/Premier League promo

screen shot pc
BelfastSpur61 View Drop Down
Legend
Legend
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelfastSpur61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 1:47pm
monster! love it. 
"I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team" -- Ledley King
seppoyiddo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 1:55pm
Best thing on a building since King Kong.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 2:14pm
And I daresay this means NBC and hp have also received some assurances from Levy about Bale's whereabouts this coming season.
Gazza Yid View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Yid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:12pm
That's a BaleBoard !!......... He promotes when he wants !
"Can't Smile Without You"
daniel View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by rob_k rob_k wrote:

And I daresay this means NBC and hp have also received some assurances from Levy about Bale's whereabouts this coming season.

I hope so... seems like they could've easily gone with a more sure thing star like RvP who isn't going anywhere. So yes, promising!
Claude601 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:26pm
i'm sure they can easily alter that poster if need be
rbnyspurs View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbnyspurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:27pm
what I was told from somebody within MLS w/ ties to NBC: No way NBC would dare use Bale unless they were certain he was staying up through at least the upcoming holiday season. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:38pm
Yeah, no way NBC can dictate that. Fox could through sky, but not NBC. It's a pissant contract.
RealYid View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealYid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 4:54pm
I wonder how long ago Spurs were aware of the advertising campaign? Due to timing it would've been hard, but HP is basically getting a free billboard in Times Square. You would always hope to include that in any sort of valuation of a contract. 

Also, with the billboard and the Esquire UK cover page, Bale clearly is the new thing in Europe. He certainly seems shy by nature, but we know he must have some business sense or someone with a good head behind him based on him copy writing his trademark goal celebration earlier this Summer. I'd hope that he gets some serious endorsements off of this in the near future as well. Not that he's a Lebron or Messi esque star right now, but I'd reckon he's on the level of someone like Kevin Durant in Europe, no? 
BelfastSpur61 View Drop Down
Legend
Legend
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelfastSpur61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:01pm
which is also exactly why we were right to keep him for one more season. without him, frankly, no-one is talking about spurs.

"I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team" -- Ledley King
chickenbadge View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenbadge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:02pm
What's the intersection?  I want to spend as little time wandering above ground as possible.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Claude601 Claude601 wrote:

Sure, but that would be a PR failure. "That guy we painted 40 feet high in Manhattan to advertise the league? Never mind, he's leaving for Spain now." I'm guessing they at least checked into his situation before choosing him as the face of the league.

NJSpursFan View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJSpursFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by IrishDave IrishDave wrote:

Unveiled tonight, we're going to be contacted later on the week for anyone that wants to go down when they are shooting some official videos for the Spurs site.

Please update on the time and which street corner it's actually on, as I'd definitely be interested in stopping by. Also, do you mean they would want us, as fans, in the videos?
LafayetteYid13 View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LafayetteYid13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:27pm
49th and Broadway..
NJSpursFan View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJSpursFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by LafayetteYid13 LafayetteYid13 wrote:

49th and Broadway..

Thank you.
IrishDave View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chathaoirleach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 9:56pm
To anyone asking about the filming - I know what you know. They called, said we'll be called later in the week. Any time we get any info it goes straight up here
@irishdavenyspur

Yido View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 1:43pm
Wouldn't read too much into it. I work for Aon and we just got new expensive artwork next to the three elevators, players they chose were Rooney (transfer request submitted), Evra (transfer request will be submitted) and Hernandez (surely no room and has to be sold). Think you're giving these marketing people too much credit.
Claude601 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by rob_k rob_k wrote:

Originally posted by Claude601 Claude601 wrote:

Sure, but that would be a PR failure. "That guy we painted 40 feet high in Manhattan to advertise the league? Never mind, he's leaving for Spain now." I'm guessing they at least checked into his situation before choosing him as the face of the league.

Originally posted by Yido Yido wrote:

Wouldn't read too much into it. I work for Aon and we just got new expensive artwork next to the three elevators, players they chose were Rooney (transfer request submitted), Evra (transfer request will be submitted) and Hernandez (surely no room and has to be sold). Think you're giving these marketing people too much credit.
BuckeyeBorn View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckeyeBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 8:41pm
Maybe with NBC but the club wouldn't feature him so heavily if he was heading out the door. The only high profile summer departure that this wasn't observed with recently is keane which proves the point.

He's probably the leagues's most marketable player, obviously talented and keeps his nose clean.
red by birth, lilywhite by grace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic